Effective Date: May 1, 2020
Table of Contents
Information You Provide to Us
When you join as a member of the FSGA or sign up for our mailing list, we ask you to provide certain information such as your name and email address. We also collect information when you participate in any interactive features of the Site, fill out a form, register for a conference, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request membership support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information About Your Use of the Site
When you access or use our Site we may collect certain information automatically using various tools and technologies including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer as an anonymous tag that identifies your computer but not you. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you may be able to set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, or to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of this Site or other websites, and disabling cookies may invalidate opt outs that rely on cookies to function.
We may use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze how visitors use the Site. To learn more about opting out of data collection through Google Analytics, click here.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, this Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we
collect through our Site. For example, we may collect information about you from
third parties, including but not limited to marketing service providers.
We may use the personal information we collect to provide and maintain our Site, such as to ensure the integrity of our members information. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Facilitate and personalize your user experience and improve the Site;
- Conduct statistical analysis of Site content, layout, and features for our marketing purposes;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Improve the Site, our marketing, or services we may offer;
- Deliver membership content to you;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process, as well as industry standards and our company policies;
- Prevent, investigate, identify, stop, or take any other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or any activity that violates our policies;
- Communicate with you about events offered by FSGA and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Protect the rights and property of FSGA and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We may use your personal information to conduct Interest-based Advertising on third-party websites or services. Certain third-parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) AdChoices Program and may display an Advertising Option Icon for Interest-based Ads that links to an opt-out tool which allows you to exercise certain choices regarding targeting. You can learn more about the DAA AdChoices Program at http://www.youradchoices.com/ and the opt-out program for mobile apps at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. In addition, certain advertising networks and exchanges may participate in the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). NAI has developed a tool that allows consumers to opt out of certain Interest-based Ads delivered by NAI members’ ad networks. To learn more about opting out of such targeted advertising or to use the NAI tool, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Ads, you will continue to receive non-targeted ads. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
- With vendors, consultants, sponsors, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- To protect the rights, property, and safety of FSGA or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of FSGA assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another FSGA;
- With your consent or at your direction. For example, if you sign up to be included in the membership directory.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
FSGA may provide web pages or other mechanisms allowing you to delete, correct, or update some of the FSGA collected information, and potentially certain other information about you (e.g., membership profile and account information). FSGA will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in FSGA’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information or public postings from FSGA’s databases and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter. Further, we reserve the right to retain data (a) as required by applicable law; and (b) for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from FSGA by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your membership or our ongoing business relations.
California law permits customers in California to request certain details about how their personal information is shared with third parties if the personal information is shared for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. Californians may request information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail sent to:
1818 Parmenter St, Ste 300
Middleton, WI 53562
To make a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident, and provide your current California address to which we will send our response. Your inquiry must specify “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
FSGA takes reasonable measures to protect information we collect from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and FSGA does not guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
1818 Parmenter St, Ste 300
Middleton, WI 53562
© Fantasy Sports & Gaming Association 2020. All Rights Reserved.